We require an AB/Cook for a cement carrier operating in continental waters initially on a temporary contract.
Vessel Type: Cement Carrier
Start date: 2nd/3rd January 2019
Position: AB/Cook (dual role: 1 month as AB and 1 month as Cook)
Tour to leave ratio: 2 months on x 1 month off
Trading Area: UK main land, Channel Islands & Europe
End Date: TBC
Contract type: Temporary initially - with a possibility to become a permanent placement for the right candidate
Travel expenses are paid for
The contract would be temporary initially, with salary paid on board only. A permanent contract would be issued after a successful probationary period (minimum of 3 trips) after which the salary would then be paid 12 months of the year.
• AB Certificate
• Ships Cook Certificate (compliant under MLC 2006)
• Seafarers medical (unrestricted)
• Marlins Test (min 85%)
• Security Awareness or Designated Security Duties
• STCW95 Basic Training: Basic Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention, Elementary First Aid, PSSR and PST – refreshed to 2010 as necessary, PSCRB & PST refreshed to 2010
• STCW95 PSCRB refreshed to 2010 as necessary
• Seamans Discharge Book
Please only apply if you will happy to work during the Christmas and New Year period. This is a temp to permanent position.